Favorite Finds Friday:
The following are a collection of articles, sites, podcasts, and other finds I have found this week that I thought I would recommend. I hope you find these especially encouraging and edifying in your walk with Christ.
Confused by All the Attacks on the Bible? Here Are Three Categories to Help You
Michael Kruger helps break down attacks against the Bible into 3 categories to help us better understand what those who are attacking the Bible may actually not be aware of.
Verse Memory Psalm 19
She Proves Faithful is memorizing Psalm 19. If you would like to join them, she has a free printable you can put up around your house to help you in your pursuit to memorize God’s Word.
Need to Forgive? 10 Truths of Gospel-Centered Forgiveness
Is there someone who has hurt you that you need to forgive? This article may help you in choosing to forgive him/her for the glory of God.
The Fear of the Lord
Burk Parsons discusses the fear of the Lord.
Four Reasons to Think About Hell Every Day
“Hell is not fun to think about let alone talk about, but it’s as real as anything in this world. Ignoring it may make us feel better, temporarily, but it will only be harmful to us, our sanctification, and to those God has sovereignly placed around us. Though it is a tough pill to swallow, the Bible seems to be convinced that we will be better off by believing in and thinking often about the reality of Hell.”
Stephen Nichols discusses our modern culture’s obsession with youth.
“The trend of exalting youth and sidelining the elderly stems from a deeper problem summed up in the expression, ‘Newer is better.'”
Touch Not My Anointed?
Michelle Lesley discusses the meaning behind “touch not my anointed” and how it applies to the present.
The Kind Of Discernment That’s Kind
“Discernment encompasses so much more than discrediting those we disagree with. Yes, the wolves need to be rebuked and avoided, but in a way that draws sheep closer to the Shepherd Who feeds them in the green pastures of His Word.”
$74.90 Will Never Adapt To Your Truth Of $7.49
Addressing the common, postmodern argument of “We each have our own truth.”
How to Be Both a Grace-Filled and Discerning Church Member
Lara d’Entremont writes a much needed article about being gracious in discernment.
R.C. Sproul’s Final Sermon: A Great Salvation
“Dr. R.C. Sproul (1939—2017) preached his final sermon on November 26, 2017, at Saint Andrew’s Chapel in Sanford, Florida. The title of the sermon was “A Great Salvation” from Hebrews 2:1-4.”
The Prayer that Turns the World Upside Down
This is an excerpt from Dr. Albert Mohler’s new book, “The Prayer that Turns the World Upside Down: The Lord’s Prayer as a Manifesto.”
R.C. Sproul’s Warning Concerning Prayer
“In our day, many people have rediscovered the power of prayer. This is a good thing; there’s nothing more thrilling in the Christian life than to pray specifically, to express a desire, to make a request or a petition to God, and then see Him answer that request specifically and clearly. It’s nice to receive what we pray for, but the added benefit is the assurance we gain that God hears our prayers and answers them. However, some carry this to an extreme and jump to the conclusion that prayer is something of a magic wand, that if we do prayer with the right sound, in the right manner, with the right phrases, and in the right posture, God is obligated to answer.”
AIG article all about frogs.
The Not-So-Nutty Habits of Squirrels
AIG article all about squirrles.
Proportionally Perfect for Life: O2, CO2, N2: Formed to Be Inhabited
Scientific article by Dr. Ross Anderson about the gaseous components of our atmosphere: oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen.
Refuting the Critics: Geology and the Flood
Dr. Jason Lisle addresses a critic regarding the the Biblical creationists view on geology and the flood recorded in Genesis.
Confusion over moon origins: Naturalistic origin of the moon comes under hard times
Creation Ministries International discusses the different secular ideas of where the moon originated.
Do We Need The Cross For Salvation? A Debate with Adnan Rashid & Dr. James White (2:29:20)
Debate between Reformed Christian apologist, Dr. James White, and Muslim historian and theologian, Adnan Rashid, on wheter the cross is necessary for salvation.
Renewing Your Mind Minute: The Kingdom of God (1:00)
Renewing Your Mind Minute: The Impact of Holiness (1:00)
5 Mins in Church History: The Tyger and the Lamb (5:00)
Truth in Love: When You Can’t Spank Your Kids (feat. Dr. Steward Scott) (9:11)
Truth in Love: Christians and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (feat. Dr. Scott Mehl) (10:54)
Truth in Love: Do You Struggle With Guilt? (feat. Andrew Rogers) (09:14)
The Briefing: Friday, Jan. 19, 2018 (22:25)
- With loneliness on the rise, particularly among young people, Britain names a new government minister of loneliness
- Why children’s books in China are different from the same kinds of books in the United States
- Treason, spies, and betrayal are in the headlines once again
The Briefing: Monday, Jan. 22, 2018 (23:03)
- Politics at a fever pitch as limited government shutdown is underway,
- As thousands of women march, record numbers file to run for political office
- 45 years after Roe v. Wade decision, the American conscience remains unsettled on the question of abortion
- How scientific developments have bolstered the pro-life argument
- As President Trump addresses March for Life, we pray for a shift in the ‘moral intuition’ of Americans
The Briefing: Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018 (20:43)
- The federal government is back in business…at least for another three weeks
- As new conscience protections become national policy, the political left complains about the very argument they once advanced
- What one politician calls “a mistake”, the Bible calls “sin
- Abortion reveals a divide that points to the deepest divide of all
The Briefing: Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2018 (24:03)
- After a case of horrific abuse, should homeschoolers in California be inspected by the state?
- Parental rights and religious freedom at stake as New York officials move to control religious schools
- Truth takes a backseat to storytelling on the big screen and the small screen
The Briefing: Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018 (20:42)
- An amazing testimony to the gospel, to the reality of good and evil, and to Christian truth in a Michigan courtroom
- An amazing display of theological confusion among some German theologians
- Are pro-life politicians in one party an endangered species?
Renewing Your Mind: The Dutch Reformation (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: Zeus and Hermes (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: The Beattitudes (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: Blessings & Curses (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: Love Your Enemies (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: Good & Bad Fruit (26:25)
15:14: Elizabeth Fitzgerald (41:23)
Interview with Elizabeth Fitzgerald on loss, grief, counseling, support, and God’s sovereignty.