Favorite Finds Friday:
The following are a collection of articles, sites, podcasts, and other finds I have found this week that I thought I would recommend. I hope you find these especially encouraging and edifying in your walk with Christ.
Putting People Before Policies in Church Discipline – This one ends with a beautiful story of a positive story of restoration through the proper utilization of church discipline. I was in tears by the end.
Bible Speak – This site helps you learn to pronounce Bible names and words that are often difficult.
Renewing Your Mind Minute: The Dignity of Man (1:00)
Renewing Your Mind Minute: Transformation (1:00)
5 Minutes in Church History: Just War (5:00)
CCEF: Help! I’m Overly Sensitive (9:50)
CCEF: Vital Ingredients to Growing Marriages (6:49)
CCEF: Ministering to Those Suffering Through Alzheimers (11:31)
The Briefing: Friday, Jan. 5, 2018 (23:12)
- 2018 is going to be a pivotal year on the question of marijuana
- If something is legal, is it now moral?
- The moral crisis over a baby in Texas and the vexing question of surrogate parenting
- The lessons of history from Iran
The Briefing: Monday, Jan. 8, 2018 (21:06)
- Virtue signaling and moral messaging at the Golden Globes
- Why are teenagers so attracted to dystopian fiction?
- Secular advice to reform moral character
- Major American newspaper tells parents to celebrate when their children learn how to lie
The Briefing: Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018 (21:29)
- The persistence of truth in an age of untruth: Is truth more important than ever before?
- California learns to sing the anthem of states rights as the rift grows between California and Washington D.C.
- The costly battle for our eyeballs intensifies in modern television programming
- What can we learn—about ourselves and advertisers—from those constant drug ads?
The Briefing: Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018 (20:23)
- The Oprahfication of politics updated: Will Oprah run for president?
- Shareholders express concerns about the addictive power of social media and new technology. Should we be alarmed?
- Landslides, tsunamis, and hurricanes have all taken place: The power of metaphors to explain our moral moment
The Briefing: Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018 (22:04)
- New questions in the brave new world: Who gets to decide if human embryos are preserved or destroyed?
- Does what you drive indicate how you vote? Political scientists say “yes” according to an analysis of 50 million Google Images
- Looking at the moral revolution from the other side—a side fearful of the “re-moralization of sex”
WWUTT: Qualifications for Overseers? (22:13)
Thankful Homemaker: Choosing Forgiveness (22:25)
Truth for Life: The Persecuted Church (Part 1 of 2) (25:00)
Truth for Life: The Persecuted Church (Part 2 of 2) (25:00)
Renewing Your Mind: The Existance of Shoes (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: The Catholic Reformation (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: Christ and David (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: Christ the Only Way (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: If There Is a God, Why Are There Atheists? (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: The Creation Ordinances (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: Redemption Promised to Abraham (26:25)
Truth in Love: Pursuing Joy In Christ With Disabilities (feat. Joni Eareckson Tada) (26:27) – “This is my comfort in my affliction, That Your word has revived me.” (Psalm 119:50)
Truth in Love: Ministry To Abusers (feat. Dale Johnson) (7:55)
Truth in Love: Living With Chronic Pain (feat. Brad Brandt) (12:56)
IBCD: Interview with Mark Shaw (26:38)
Paul Washer’s Phone Call