Favorite Finds Friday:
The following are a collection of articles, sites, podcasts, and other finds I have found this week that I thought I would recommend. I hope you find these especially encouraging and edifying in your walk with Christ.
Traditional Full Moon Names – This is not a Christian article but I thought it was an interesting article.
On Being a Christian Woman in the Year of Our Lord, 2018 – This may be my favorite article that I read all week.
Renewing Your Mind Minute: Providence and Justice (1:00)
Renewing Your Mind Minute: Dignity in the Imago Dei (1:00)
5 Minutes in Church History: Esther Edwards Burr (5:00)
CCEF: When people try to be helpful but aren’t (9:23)
The Briefing: Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018 (21:28)
- A Catholic Cardinal, a former President of the United States, and an evangelical pastor walk into the op-ed pages of the New York Times
- Three conversations, one question, three worldviews on display
- Why resolutions fail and why the humanistic worldview crashes upon contact with reality
The Briefing: Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018 (20:08)
- U.S. government runs an operation to investigate U.F.O.s—why do we find the question so interesting?
- Further evidence of the moral chasm that separates Americans
- Why some moral questions can’t be reduced to dollars and cents
The Briefing: Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018 (21:47)
- Mormon President’s death highlights differences between historic Christianity and Mormonism
- Should the Mormon church be considered a Christian denomination?
- In spite of “official” doctrine, Mennonite church continues leftward trend
- Another strange milestone in the sexual and moral revolution
Renewing Your Mind: Stories of God’s Grace (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: The Theology of John Calvin (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: Paul’s Sermon at Antioch (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: God’s Sovereignty (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: RC Sproul’s Memorial Service, Part 1 (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: RC Sproul’s Memorial Service, Part 2 (26:25)
Renewing Your Mind: What is Free Will? (26:25)
Thankful Homemaker: Simple Menu Planning Tips (28:05)